Sep 28, 2018
PIACT-YIP recognize agency forerunners at fifth annual Golden Gala
HARTFORD, Conn.—The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut’s Young Insurance Professionals recognized extraordinary insurance businesses from around the state during its fifth Annual Industry-Wide Golden Gala Awards Night held Sept. 27 at New Haven Country Club in Hamden, Conn.
Master of Ceremonies, CTYIP President Katie Bailey, CPIA, ACSR, CLCS, announced the award winners. Winners of the awards were:
- Insurescan, now doing business as Insherpa, as InsurTech Company of the Year. This award recognizes an Insuretech company that excels in enhancing the independent agent and client relationship.
- Insurance Agency Owners Alliance, as Digital Innovator of the Year. This award recognizes an innovator that is utilizing cutting-edge technology to achieve a more efficient and forward-focused business model.
- RT Specialty as Managing General Agent of the Year. This award recognizes a managing general agency that excels in providing exceptional market access, product offering, and service to the industry.
- Renaissance Alliance for Network/Alliance of the Year. This honor is awarded to a network/alliance that has excelled in enhancing the independent agent model.
- Verisk/ISO for Excellence in Diversity. This award recognizes an organization that has diversity and inclusion at the heart of its business and provides employee programs for women, minority groups, persons with disabilities and/or LGBT individuals.
CTYIP is an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry and an affiliate of Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc., a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.