Mar 7, 2019
PIACT names officers for 2019-20
HARTFORD, Conn.—The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc., elected officers today during the association’s Annual Business Meeting held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn. Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2019-20:
- President: Mark R. Connelly, CIC, of Fairfield, Conn. Connelly is president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC in Ridgefield, Conn.
- President-elect: Gerard Prast, CPIA, of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is vice president for XS Brokers Insurance Agency Inc. with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fl.
- Vice president: Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
- Treasurer: Bud O’Neil, CPIA, Bristol, Conn. O’Neil is an insurance agent with C.V. Mason & Co., in Bristol.
- Secretary: J. Kyle Dougherty, CIC, Orange, Conn. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc., in Stratford, Conn.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.