Mar 9, 2017
PIACT names officers for 2017-18
HARTFORD, Conn.—The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc., elected officers today during the association’s Annual Business Meeting held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn. Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2017-18:
- President: Ken Distel of Avon, Conn. Distel is area vice president of RPS Distel., in Farmington, Conn.
- President-elect: Michael A. Krause, CIC, of Branford, Conn. Krause is vice president of Anderson-Krause Inc., in Branford.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
- Vice president: Mark R. Connelly, CIC, of Fairfield, Conn. Connelly is president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Treasurer: Gerard Prast of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is assistant vice president for XS Brokers Insurance Agency Inc. with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., and Philadelphia.
- Secretary: Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn.
- Loretta Lesko, CIC, of Shelton, Conn. will serve as immediate past president. Lesko is vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Group in Shelton.