Jun 9, 2014
PIANJ elects seven to board of directors
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.-The Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey elected seven independent insurance agents from around the state to its board of directors, at the associations annual business meeting at the Trump Taj Mahal Resort Casino, Atlantic City, N.J.
The following individuals were elected to serve for a three-year term, expiring in 2017:
- Salvatore Abate, CPIA, of Sewell, N.J. Abate is executive vice president of Anderson Jackson Metts in Mount Laurel, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Abate is a member of the Business Issues Committee and the Southern Advisory Council.
- Bruce Blum of Somerset, N.J. Blum is vice president of Blum & Walsh Group Inc., a division of T.E. Freuler Agency in Somerset, N.J. As an active member of PIANJ, Blum will serve as secretary for 2014-15. He also is a member of the Business Issues and Executive/Budget & Finance Committees and is a member of the Industry Relations subcommittee. Blum was appointed as a delegate to the White House Conference on Small Business representing the 11th district by Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, R-11.
- Maria Escalona of Jackson, N.J. Active in the association, Escalona is Conference and Education vice chairperson of the Membership Services/Programs Committee. She also is a member of the Womens Business Forum and the Diversity subcommittee.
- Connie Mahoney of Westfield, N.J. Mahoney is agency manager of Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J. Mahoney serves as PIANJs Conference/Education chairperson of the Membership Services/Programs Committee and also is chairperson of the associations Northwest Advisory Council.
- William McMahon, CIC, of Ocean View, N.J. McMahon is president of McMahon Agency in Ocean City. Active in PIANJ, McMahon is Legislative/Regulatory Chairperson of the Government Affairs Committee and is a member of the Property Availability Subcommittee. McMahon also is an ex-officio member of the Southern New Jersey Advisory Council.
- Michael Merwin, CIC, CRM, CPCU, CRIS, MBA, of Woodland Park, N.J. Merwin is president of the Merwin & Paolazzi Insurance Agency in Lyndhurst, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Merwin is a member of the Business Issues Committee. Active in the industry, Merwin is a director of Agency Network Exchange.
- Kristen M. Scott, CPIA, of Hillsborough, N.J. Scott is vice president of Chamber Insurance Agency Services in West Orange, N.J. An active member of the association, Scott is active past president of the New Jersey Young Insurance Professionals, an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry. It is an affiliate of PIANJ. She also is a member of PIANJs Legacy Task Force and she is legacy liaison to the Membership Services/ Programs Committee.
PIANJ is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.