Sep 10, 2014
PIANY re-elects five to board of directors for 2014-15
GLENMONT, N.Y.-Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc., re-elected five New York insurance producers to serve on the board of directors at the associations annual business meeting today in Glenmont, N.Y.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term, ending in 2017:
- Eric Clauss, of Buffalo, N.Y. Clauss is president of E.T. Clauss & Co. Inc., in Buffalo. Clauss will serve as treasurer of PIANY for 2014-15. He also is a member of the associations Company/Industry Relations and Education/Conference Committees and chairperson of its Buffalo Advisory Council.
- Mike Skeele, CIC, CPIA, of Fayetteville, N.Y. Skeele is president of the Skeele Agency, Inc. DeRuyter, N.Y. Skeele Agency Inc. also has offices in Manlius, Cazenovia, Chittenango and New Hartford, N.Y. Skeele is chairperson of PIANYs Nominations Committee. He also is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance, Government Affairs and Member, Benefits & Services Committees. Skeele also is a member of the Glenmont National Alliance Committee. He served as president of PIANY in 2013-14 and he is an ex-officio member of its Syracuse Advisory Council.
- Alan Plafker, CPIA, of Manhasset, N.Y. Plafker is president and chief executive officer of Member Brokerage Service LLC, Briarwood, N.Y. Plafker served as PIANY president for the 2013-14 administrative year. He also is executive chairperson of the associations Executive/Budget & Finance Committee and is an ex-officio member of several committees, including: the Education/Conference; Company/Industry Relations; Government Affairs and Member, Benefits & Services Committees. He also is an ex-officio member of the associations New York City Advisory Council.
- Jamie Ferris, CIC, AAI, CPIA, of White Plains, N.Y. Ferris is president of P.W. Wood & Son, Inc., Ithaca, N.Y. Vice chair of the Government Affairs Committee, he also is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance and Member Benefits & Services Committees. Ferris also is vice chair of the associations Southern Tier Advisory Council.
- Robert Shapiro, of Bellmore, N.Y. Shapiro is president for Global Facilities Inc., in Lynbrook, N.Y. He is a member of PIANYs Education/Conference Committee and is an ex-officio member of its Long Island Advisory Council.
PIANY is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.