Sep 11, 2019
PIANY elects five to board of directors
GLENMONT, N.Y.—Professional Insurance Agents of New York State, elected five New York professional, independent insurance agents to serve on the board of directors at the association’s annual business meeting today in Glenmont, N.Y.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term, ending in 2022:
- Jason Bartow, AAI, CPIA, of Dix Hills, N.Y. Bartow is executive vice president of the Eugene A. Bartow Insurance Agency in Deer Park, N.Y. Active in PIANY, Bartow is treasurer of the PIANY Political Action Executive and Governing Committees, and is a member of the Education/Conference and Member, Benefits & Services Committees. He is a member of the Regional Awareness Program subcommittee. In 2013, Bartow received the New York Young Insurance Professionals Volunteer of the Year. He served as president of NY-YIP, an affiliate of PIANY, from 2015-18.
- Raymond J. Gillis Sr., FIC, FICF, of Cobleskill, N.Y. Gillis is president of Fire Mark Insurance Agency Inc., in Cobleskill, N.Y. and is the owner of Lewis Wilson Insurance in Cobleskill and JO & D Insurance in Sharon Springs, N.Y, An active member of PIANY, Gillis is a member of the Company/Industry Relations and Government Affairs Committees. He also is a member of the PIANY Albany Advisory Council.
- Jeffrey Leibowitz, CEO of Atlantic Agency Insurance & Risk Management with three locations in Suffolk County, N.Y. A PIANY member since 1996, Leibowitz is a member of the Education/Conference and Member, Benefits and Services Committees. He also is a member of the PIANY Long Island Advisory Council. Active in the industry, Leibowitz is a member of the peer review board for the New York Auto Insurance Plan.
- John Tomassi, CPCU, of Clifton Park, N.Y. Tomassi is a partner in CLG Insurance in Clifton Park, N.Y. An active member of PIANY, Tomassi will serve as president of the association in 2019-20. He served as president-elect in 2018-19; vice president in 2016-18; treasurer in 2015-16; and has served on the board of directors since 2013. He currently serves as vice president of the Government Affairs and Nominations Committees. He is a member of the Company/Industry Relations and Executive/Budget & Finance Committees, and is chairperson of the association’s Albany Advisory Council. Tomassi previously coordinated PIANY’s Capital Region Legislative District Office visits and is a member of the PIA Group Trustees.
Elected to serve a three-year term expiring in 2022:
- David Lande, JD, CIC, of Hewlett, N.Y. Lande is account executive for EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants in Melville, N.Y. He has been active in PIANY since the early 1990’s when he joined NY-YIP and later served on their board of directors. Lande currently is vice chairperson of the Company/Industry Relations Committee and is chairperson of the Long Island Regional Awareness Program. He also is a member of the Education/Conference Committee and the Agency Perpetuation and RAP subcommittees.
PIANY is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.