PIANY Advisory Council Member Member Thom Ianniccari, CPIA, met with Andrew Buder, Esq., legislative assistant to Sen. Shelley Mayer, D-37, and Assemblyman Nader Sayegh, D-90, to discuss important issues to protect insurance consumers.
PIANY is working on behalf of independent agents, their businesses and their clients for the passage of a comprehensive legislative agenda for the 2018-19, which includes:
- repeal of the anti-arson application requirement in New York City;
- protect consumers from carrier “bait-and-switch” activities;
- eliminating the New York State Insurance Fund’s 30-day rule for canceling a policy;
- authorizing the NYSIF to pay commissions to licensed brokers;
- standardizing the events that would trigger coastal homeowners insurance hurricane deductibles;
- reforming New York’s “Scaffold Law” to establish a comparative negligence standard for claims under Labor Law 240 and 241; and
- simplify the requirements of agents and brokers placing business in the state’s excess-line marketplace.