Conn. Convention 2019
PIACT names officers
The PIACT board of directors held its Annual Business Meeting Thursday afternoon, at which the 2019-2020 officers were announced:
- President: Mark R. Connelly, CIC, of Fairfield. Connelly is president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC in Ridgefield.
- President-elect: Gerard Prast, CPIA, of Wallingford. Prast is vice president for XS Brokers Insurance Agency Inc., with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fla.
- Vice president: Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford.
- Treasurer: Bud O’Neil, CPIA, of Bristol. O’Neil is an insurance agent with C.V. Mason & Co., in Bristol.
- Secretary: J. Kyle Dougherty, CIC, of Orange. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc., in Stratford.
PIACT also re-elected the following individuals to serve a three-year term on its board of directors:
- Marissa Barbera, of Westport. Barbera is president of Charter Oak Insurance Agency in Darien.
- Mark R. Connelly, CIC, of Fairfield. Connelly is president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC, in Ridgefield.
- Loretta Lesko, CIC, of Shelton. Lesko is vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Insurance, in Shelton.
William F. Malloy Jr., CIC, of Stamford. Malloy is president and owner of William F. Malloy Agency Inc., in Stamford.
- Kevin P. McKiernan, CIC, CPIA, of Wilton. McKiernan is president of Abercrombie, Burns, McKiernan & Co., in Darien.
- Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor
During the meeting, outgoing PIACT President Ken Distel presented the Committee Chair of the Year award to Shannon Rabbett, CIC. The award honors the volunteer who best demonstrates dedication and effort in chairing a PIACT committee.
Rabbett was honored for her work as the convention chairperson of the Association Programs Committee. Rabbett has been an active and committed member of PIACT and CTYIP for many years.
PIACT-YIP names officers, directors
During its annual board meeting, PIACT-YIP elected officers and directors for the 2019-2020 administrative year
- Kathleen Bailey, CPIA, ACSR, CLCS, of The Russell Agency, in Southport, will serve as president;
- Anthony DeSalva, of Georgetown Financial Group, in Georgetown, will serve as vice president-elect;
- Ryan Kelly, of Merit Insurance, in Shelton, will serve as vice president;
- Justin Sloan, of BSP Insurance in Meriden, will serve as treasurer; and
- Ryan Keating, of the Michael J. Keating Agency in West Hartford, will serve as secretary.
Individuals who were elected to serve on the PIACT-YIP board of directors include: Kathleen Bailey, ACSR, CLCS, of The Russell Agency, in Southport; Brad Barcusky of Philadelphia Insurance Co., in East Hartford; Scott Burns of XS Brokers in Hartford; Crystal Cathcart of MarketStance in New Haven; Anthony DeSalva of Georgetown Financial Group in Georgetown; Brian Glasser of J.P. Maguire in Waterbury; Matt Lynn of Healy-Lynn Insurance in Naugatuck; Michelle Hinckley of Insurance Provider Group in Wethersfield; James Kannengeiser of Shoff Darby in Trumbull; Ryan Keating of Michael J. Keating Agency in West Hartford; Ryan Kelly of Merit Insurance in Shelton; Nick Khamarji of ronoco in Easton; John Mastroianni of Sal’s Clothing Restoration in North Haven; Jacklyn Meeker of The Russell Agency in Southport; Frank Pingelski of Tooher-Ferraris Insurance Group in Wilton; Robyn Ricciardone of RPS Cowles & Connell in Meriden; and Justin Sloan of BSP Insurance in Meriden.