WLA Panel Discussion
One of PIANJ Women’s Leadership Alliance’s most successful and unique events was held recently. More than 80 participants registered to attend the recent virtual Women’s Leadership Panel discussion on Nov. 17, 2020.
Our panelists: PIANJ Director Lydia Bashwiner, Esq., CWCP, NJWCP, Otterstedt Insurance Agency; Mary Bernadette Corrigan, vice president of personal lines, Hanover Insurance; and Sandra Ewen, owner, Johl & Co., shared their experience and expertise with the group during an hour-and-a-half session moderated by Laura Castellano from Plymouth Rock Assurance. The panelists answered questions live from the audience, gave useful advice and guidance to all in the industry by discussing the following:
- Most people do not start in insurance. How did you land in insurance and what was your journey to your current leadership position in the industry?
- What challenges have you had to overcome in your career—personal and professional?
- How do you motivate others?
- How has your day-to-day and strategic outlook for your team and industry changed because of COVID-19?
Live audience questions asked and answered, included:
- What can those in the industry, especially new to insurance, do to network and keep in touch with the limitations of COVID-19?
- What is something you know now that you wish you knew when you started in the insurance industry?
- What is the greatest advice that you were given in your work life?
Want to listen to the recorded session and listen to the answers to these questions yourself? Enjoy the session here.
In lieu of a registration fee, the Women’s Leadership Alliance encouraged attendees to donate to the Moms Helping Moms Foundation. The foundation provides low-income families in New Jersey with the essential baby items that they need to give their children a safe, happy and healthy start. The event raised more than $1,000.