Mar 6, 2020
PIACT names officers for 2020-21
HARTFORD, Conn.—The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc., elected officers today during the association’s Annual Business Meeting, held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn. Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2020-21:
- President: Gerard Prast, CPIA, of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is vice president for XS Brokers Insurance Agency Inc., with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fla.
- President-elect: Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
- Vice president: Bud O’Neil, CPIA, Bristol, Conn. O’Neil is an insurance agent with C.V. Mason & Co., in Bristol.
- Treasurer: J. Kyle Dougherty, CIC, Orange, Conn. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc., in Stratford, Conn.
- Secretary: Nicholas Ruickoldt, CPIA, of West Haven Conn. Ruickoldt is a broker for The Russell Insurance Agency in Southport, Conn.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.