Add PIA to your agency:
Get a staff of 80 insurance professionals to work for your business
… a staff that is never late
… never calls in sick
… has expertise and experience
to help your business.
Receive critical information, education and turn-key business tools that will save your agency time and money.
Get the answers you need
- Regulatory reports/interpretations
- Company relations activities
- PIA Marketbase™ online market search
- PIA BusinessLink™ appointment search (agency/company appointment program)
- Appointment Access Program (agency/GA/MGA appointments)
- PIA QuickSource reference document library
- Circle of Consultants vendor/consultant index
- Technology hotline—connect with nationally recognized experts
- E&O legal assistance
- Ask PIA—in-depth answers to member questions
- State and national representation
- Privacy Compliance Central—tools to keep your agency within the law
- Licensing/CE Compliance Central
- Flood Insurance Tool Kit—properly advise clients
- Market Transition Tool Kit—educate clients
- PIA Magazine
- PIA Reporter monthly newsletter
- PIA weekly email newsletters (biweekly in N.H.)
- PIA National newsletter*
- Discounts on A.M. Best publications
- Online insurance news—updated daily
Develop industry knowledge
- CE credit-approved programs—classroom or online
- CE-approved live webinars
- PIA Webinars On-Demand
- New employee training
- Certified Insurance Counselor designation program
- Certified Insurance Service Representative designation program
- Certified Professional Insurance Agent designation program (N.Y., N.J. and Conn.)
- Custom Class on-site education services
- Smart Talk CE—biweekly education newsletter
- Statewide conferences and regional meetings
- Young Insurance Professionals (N.Y. N.J. and Conn.)
Grow your business
- Agency Staffing Assistance Program
- Agency Transition Program—help buying, selling or merging agencies
- Workers’ comp markets for your clients through the PIA NumberONE Comp Program
- Exclusive partnership with DocIT™ from Drivers History, a MVR prescreening tool (N.J. and Conn.)
- PIA Creative Services—your in-house advertising agency
- Online associate member vendor directory
- Agency Marketing Tool Kit—Website content, social media tips, ads, and more
- State-specific, customized agency newsletters for your clients
- Custom printing and bulk mailing services
- Agency Revolution digital marketing system discount
Protect your business
- Agent’s errors and omissions coverage
- Data breach/cyber liability—multiple markets
- Commercial umbrella—including excess E&O coverage
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Group term life
- Group medical options
- Group long-term disability
- Group dental
- Medicare supplement plans
- Agency Preparedness and Recovery Plan—a guide
- Steps to Success—how to build a new agency from scratch or grow an existing one
There's more …
- PIA National membership
- Agency/company contract reports*
- PIA Research Series agency agreements*
- Pennywise office supply discount
- UPS shipping discounts
- Agency Policy and Procedure Manual: A Working Model
- Free ACORD form downloads
PIA brings you the most convenient and cost-effective insurance education programs thoughout the state. We offer custom classes for in-house training that brings customized, CE-approved education programs into your office at a time that's convenient for you.
- CE-approved designation programs
- Insurance licensing CE credits and requirements
- Networking events, regional conventions and conferences
- New employee resources
- Live and on-demand webinars
- Online CE
Certified Insurance Counselors
The CIC program, developed by the National Alliance, is recognized for its practical, hands-on approach to learning. Approved for continuing education credits in all states, CIC is one of the most highly recognized professional education designation programs in the insurance industry!
Certified Insurance Service Representatives
The CISR program, developed by the National Alliance, is a CE-credit-approved designation program, recognized nationwide as an important credential—one that benefits individuals, their agencies, and their customers. This uniquely powerful training is designed to help you conquer the challenges of today by making the customer service representatives more professional, more productive and more profitable.
Certified Professional Insurance Agent
The AIMS Society's Certified Professional Insurance Agent designation is first-of-its kind, hands-on, how-to training. To earn the CPIA designation, candidates are required to participate in a series of three, one-day Insurance Success Seminars.
CPIA program practical benefits:
- Beneficial for ALL insurance personnel, especially CSRs;
- Register for one, two, or all three programs—no exam to take;
- Learn how to work effectively with different personality types;
- Learn how to properly analyze customers' needs;
- Get tips for preventing errors and omissions: The CPIA designation is approved by Utica Mutual for E&O loss prevention credit. This credit is applied once the designation is achieved. Please call PIA’s E&O department for details.
New Employee Orientation series
Quality training for employees in their first years, all online and with no time out of the office.
Using a “virtual classroom”, log on to the course each week to get the training you need. No travel, no interruption to daily agency activity and no time out of the office. Connect with other rookies and bounce questions off the facilitator, just like you would in an in-person class setting.
PIA: The insurance professional’s agency.
Even as markets fluctuate, PIA's commitment to agents has stood the test of time.
We’ve offered solid errors & omissiona coverage to independent insurance agencies for nearly 50 years. Current offerings can include:
- Multiple markets—both admitted and nonadmitted.
- Data breach (cyber liability) coverage—available as a standalone policy or as an endorsement. Don't get stuck without it.
- PIA provides one of the only umbrella products that covers both your agency's commercial and professional liability policies.
- PIA’s licensed representatives are here to provide independent agents with a choice of markets at competitive rates. Their goal is to find a great program to meet your agency's needs.
When it comes to E&O for your agency, Think PIA first.
Don’t run your agency without it.
Your agency depends on your computer systems, confidential client information and website operation every day.
Protect your data with cyber liability insurance
available through PIA.
Current offerings can include:
- First and third-party protection in a comprehensive coverage form
- Covered cause of loss includes administrative or operational mistakes
- Breach of privacy coverage—includes damages resulting from alleged violations of HIPPA, state, federal and foreign privacy protection rules
- Customer breach notice expense and coverage (via sub-limit)
- Limits up to $5 million
PIA’s umbrella program provides needed additional financial security over the top of a number of E&O products, as well as added protection over most commercial business policies.
Thinking about health benefits for you and your insurance agency employees? Think PIA first!
With PIA Members’ Choice employee benefit programs, you'll receive quality insurance products, claims assistance, customer service follow-up, service and billing support as well as carrier and coverage selection. It’s yet another way to let the association you already trust work for you.
Current offerings can include:
- Group medical
- Group dental
- Group term life
- Group long-term disability
PIA’s NumberONE comp Program
The Professional Insurance Agents associations of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Hampshire have been helping members place their monoline workers’ compensation business for nearly two decades.
PIA offers a broad range of workers’ comp markets for your clients from top-rated carriers, with flexible billing and payment plans. PIA’s programs have a simple, fivestep submission process to get you started. PIA’s dedicated staff helps our members provide outstanding alternative markets for their clients.
Important features include:
- A simple submission process
- Quick turnaround upon complete submission
- Competitive commissions
- Multiple markets
- No volume commitments
- Pay-as-you-go options
- No minimum premiums
- Hundreds of classes, including some
Director of Communication
Mary E. Christiano
(800) 424-4244, ext. 236
Request a press pass
Members of the press are welcome to attend PIA events. Advance notification is required and a limited number of press passes will be distributed. If you need to set up cameras, microphones, or any other “fixed” equipment to cover an event, or if you want to interview one of our speakers or guests during the event, you must coordinate with the Communication Dept. at (800) 424-4244. Ask for Mary E. Christiano at ext. 236. Or email email@example.com.
Professional Insurance Agents is a voluntary, membership-based trade association representing professional, independent property/casualty insurance agents.
The challenges facing today’s insurance professionals are many, and too frequently, allies are few and far between. PIA is dedicated to building the future for insurance professionals everywhere. We are unrivaled in our ability to meet members’ needs, providing a focused legislative voice, information, education, networking opportunities and tools to help members prosper and grow.
The PIA symbol represents associations affiliated with the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents, headquartered in Alexandria, Va.PIA headquarters in Glenmont, N.Y.
History of PIA
The Professional Insurance Agents Associations of New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Hampshire evolved over more than 75 years. Beginning in the 1940s as the Mutual Agents Association, the organizations were known as the Independent Mutual Insurance Agents in the 1960s and 70s. In 1977, the Professional Insurance Agents identity was established at a national level and adopted by our respective states, in response to the expanding markets accessed by member agencies.
Professional Insurance Agents of New York State, New Jersey and Connecticut have been business partners in a highly successful joint management agreement for nearly 50 years. Through this arrangement and the support of PIA Management Services Inc., wholly owned by the three state associations, members in each state benefit from the expertise and resources of a staff of nearly 70 industry professionals. PIA of New Hampshire members have enjoyed the benefits of the association's participation in this group since 1999.