Jun 11, 2017
PIANJ elects five to board of directors
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.—The Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey today elected five independent insurance agents from around the state to its board of directors, at the association’s annual business meeting at Harrah’s in Atlantic City.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term, expiring in 2020:
- Bruce Blum of Somerset, N.J. Blum is owner of Blum & Walsh Group Inc., a division of T.E. Freuler Agency in Somerset, N.J. As an active member of PIANJ, Blum was re-elected vice president for 2017-18. He served as treasurer in 2015-16; and secretary in 2014-15. He also is vice president of the Business Issues Committee and a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee. Blum also is a member of the Carrier Advisory Council.
- Constance Mahoney of Westfield, N.J. Mahoney is agency manager of Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Mahoney is a member of the Government Affairs Committee and is chair of the Northwest Advisory Council.
- Michael Merwin, CIC, CRM, CPCU, CRIS, of Woodland Park, N.J. Merwin is president of Merwin & Paolazzi Insurance Agency in Lyndhurst, N.J. Active in the association, Merwin is vice chair of the Business Issues Committee and is a member of the Carrier Advisory Council.
- Maria N. Escalona, CPIA, of Jackson, N.J. Escalona is responsible for personal lines underwriting, business development and sales for Jimcor Agencies in Montvale, N.J. An active member of PIANJ, Escalona is membership chairperson of the Membership Services/Programs Committee. She also is a member of the Women’s Business Forum.
The following individual was elected to serve for a three-year term, expiring in 2020:
- Michael Beckerman CPCU, is executive vice president of Beckerman & Co. in Corona, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Beckerman is a member of the Business Issues Committee.
PIANJ is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.