Sep 11, 2019
PIANY elects officers for 2019-20
GLENMONT, N.Y.—Officers of the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State were elected for the 2019-20 administrative year at the association’s annual business meeting today.
- John R. Tomassi, CPCU, of Clifton Park, N.Y., was elected president Tomassi is a partner in CLG Insurance in Clifton Park, N.Y.
- Anthony Kammas of Flushing, N.Y., was elected president-elect. Kammas is president of Skyline Risk Management Inc., in Flushing.
- Tim Dean, CIC, CRM, of Hopewell Junction, N.Y., was elected first vice president. Dean is president of Marshall & Sterling Inc., in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- David Sidle II, CIC, CPIA, of Trumansburg, N.Y. was re-elected vice president. Sidle is president and CEO of David L. Sidle Agency Inc., in Montour Falls, N.Y.
- Michael Loguercio of Ridge, N.Y., was elected vice president. Loguercio has been an independent broker since 1978 and is a producer for Atlantic Agency. He also services the insurance industry for Belfor Restoration.
- Gino Orrino, CPIA, of Babylon, N.Y., was elected treasurer. Orrino is principal of Orrino Capital Services LLC, with offices in Babylon and Queens, N.Y.
- Gary Slavin, CLTC, CIC, of Massepequa N.Y. was elected secretary. Slavin is owner of Slavin Employee Benefits., in Massapequa, N.Y.
- Jamie Ferris, AAI, CIC, CPIA, of Lansing, N.Y., will serve as immediate past president. Ferris is president of P.W. Wood & Son Inc., in Ithaca, N.Y.
PIANY is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.